Back from the Brink
We have teamed up with Back from the Brink - one of the most ambitious conservation projects ever undertaken. Its aim is to save 20 species from extinction and benefit over 200 more through 19 projects that span England; from the tip of Cornwall to Northumberland.
Together, we're running a film and photography competition to celebrate the wildlife and landscape that YOU love. Do you see yourself as a photographer or filmmaker? Maybe you are a promising presenter, personality or innovator? Perhaps you just love being a creative enthusiast on your phone? We want you to get involved - help us to inspire a nation to celebrate and care about their local wildlife and habitats.
The winning films and images, selected by a panel of illustrious judges, will be screened and displayed at the Back from the Brink festivals taking place this winter. Also up for grabs for the category winners are a goody bag of prizes donated by Back from the Brink project partners and Wildscreen including:
- A copy of Our Planet, signed by creators Alastair Fothergill and Keith Scholey
- One year membership to Butterfly Conservation
- One year membership to Buglife
- One year membership to Plantlife complete with a wild flower guide
- The Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Trust Newt enamel pin-badge and pencil
- 'Bumblebees – an introduction’ book and pin-badges from Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- RSPB Bumper bird food gift box with feeders
- Enamel pin badge from Bat Conservation Trust
The overall winners for photography, film and young person film will receive a limited edition print made exclusively for this competition!
We will reveal the category winners this autumn, and the overall winners will be announced at our Back from the Brink Bristol Festival on 26 October!